How to Compete
Student teams must have an adult facilitate their submission, for example a teacher, community leader, or homeschool pod parent.
To prepare for the competition, the adult facilitator will:
- Review the Rules and Eligibility
- Register for the competition on behalf of the students*
- Receive access to the full facilitator guide, including lesson plans, tips for supporting students, curriculum connections, and the submission guidelines.
- Run the activities with the students and support them as they create their submissions.
- Collect student submissions and upload them to the submission portal.
- Share the results once they are announced!
*No student personal information is collected for any part of this competition.
To learn more about the Rover Control experience for winning teams, check out The Prize.
There are two ways to participate in the project. You are not required to submit a competition entry. For more information, consult our project guide.
The lesson materials follow evidence-based best practices and have been reviewed by Canadian classroom teachers. All lessons come in no-tech and computer-based options.
The experience is designed around 5 lessons: