Gift Acceptance Policy
Let’s Talk Science is a registered charity with the Canada Revenue Agency, our registered charitable number is 88540 0846 RR0001. Let’s Talk Science accepts gifts from individuals, corporations, and foundations to further our mission of preparing Canadian youth for future careers and citizenship demands in a rapidly changing world.
Let’s Talk Science will accept donations in the following forms:
Gifts of Cash
Let’s Talk Science accepts donations in the form of cash, cheque, credit card and online payment. Charitable tax receipts will be automatically issued for donations of $10 or greater, as permitted by Canada Revenue Agency guidelines. Donate now to support STEM education for Canadian youth.
Gifts of Securities
Let’s Talk Science accepts gifts of listed stocks and securities and will issue a charitable tax receipt for the market value of the contribution as permitted by Canada Revenue Agency guidelines. All stocks and securities received will be sold upon completion of the stock transfer. Generally, donations of stocks and securities are exempt form capital gains tax. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Let’s Talk Science accepts gifts-in-kind such as gifts of property other than cash and securities. When requested, and if permitted by Canada Revenue Agency guidelines, we will provide a charitable tax receipt for the fair market value of the gift-in-kind received. Please note that, while appreciated, services and expertise are not eligible for a tax receipt. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information
Gifts of Life Insurance
Donors can name Let’s Talk Science as the beneficiary of a new life insurance policy or on an existing policy. Let’s Talk Science will accept gifts of life insurance where Let’s Talk Science is named as both beneficiary and irrevocable owner of the policy. Gifts of life insurance may be eligible a charitable tax receipt as permitted by Canada Revenue Agency guidelines. Please contact email@example.com for more information.
Leaving a gift in your will is a simple and impactful way of giving or a gift of life insurance is another way to make a gift with tax benefits. Professional advice from your lawyer, accountant or financial advisor will help determine your best way of making a planned gift to Let’s Talk Science. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information.
Let’s Talk Science is a registered charity in Canada and charitable receipts can be used for Canadian income tax purposes.
As a matter of principle, we engage in the following practices:
- Gifts to Let’s Talk Science will support the mission, vision, essential values and long-term direction of the charity.
- Let’s Talk Science holds accountability to donors to the highest standard.
- Let’s Talk Science will not accept gifts that are not recognized by the Canada Revenue Agency or violate federal, provincial or municipal laws.
- Let’s Talk Science will not accept gifts, enter into partnerships or accept support that will compromise its commitment to its mission and essential values.
- Let’s Talk Science will protect its integrity, autonomy and funding freedom, and does not accept gifts when a condition of such acceptance would compromise these fundamental principles.
- Let’s Talk Science reserves the right to accept or decline any gift at the discretion of the Board of Directors.
- Donations to Let’s Talk Science in no way influence the content of our programs and resources.
- Acceptance of a gift by Let’s Talk Science does not on its own convey or imply endorsement of any or all of a donor’s products or activities.