PLEASE READ CAREFULLY: New Volunteer Portal
As of summer 2021, the existing Let’s Talk Science volunteer portal will be migrating to a new and improved portal system. This means that any existing credentials on the volunteer portal will no longer work.
Existing Volunteers and Coordinators:
Existing volunteers and coordinators will be required to create a NEW account, unless you have already created an account for accessing a Brightspace course/training (e.g. Basic Volunteer Training, Indigenous Worldviews and Perspectives training, or a Coordinator conference).
If you have an account for accessing Brightspace:
- Click “Login” below to log into your Let’s Talk Science account (the account you used to access training in Brightspace).
- Once logged in, click “Register to volunteer” to complete your profile and connect your account to your University or College Outreach Site.
- Update any bookmarks that currently point to volunteer.letstalkscience.ca to volunteer.app.letstalkscience.ca
If you are an existing volunteer/coordinator, but you do not already have an account for accessing Brightspace/trainings from Let’s Talk Science:
- Click “Login” below and proceed to “Create an account”. Please use the same email as your previous Volunteer Portal account to facilitate transitioning your volunteer record to the new portal, provided you still use the email address actively. If you do not know the email on your previous account, or you no longer use it, please use your most current personal email address.
- Once logged in, continue to volunteer.app.letstalkscience.ca and click “Register to volunteer” to complete your profile and connect your account to your Outreach site.
- Update any bookmarks that currently point to volunteer.letstalkscience.ca to volunteer.app.letstalkscience.ca and use this new system moving forward.
Your volunteering history (from the old system) will be migrated to the new system over the summer. We anticipate this migration to be complete by the autumn of 2021. In the meantime, if you need verification of your engagement with Let’s Talk Science, please feel free to reach out to your local site coordinator or the National Office at Outreach@letstalkscience.ca
If you have any questions or run into issues, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
New Volunteers and Coordinators:
New volunteers and coordinators must create a new account by clicking "Login" below and then clicking “Create an Account”. Once your Let’s Talk Science account has been created, you can register with your outreach site. Once registered and your site coordinator has approved your account, you will be able to use this system to log your volunteering activity, access resources (including training and professional development opportunities) and access your profile and record of volunteering with Let’s Talk Science.
At this time, any educators who are receiving outreach from Let’s Talk Science will not require an account in the new portal system.
If you would like to request a custom in-person or virtual workshop with a volunteer from our Let's Talk Science Outreach sites, please visit outreach.letstalkscience.ca and contact your nearest Outreach site location.
If you would like to find other virtual events or professional learning opportunities open to anyone in Canada, feel free to explore letstalkscience.ca/events for recorded and live options!