This strategy helps students reflect on how their understanding or thinking may have shifted after exploring or learning about a concept, idea, or perspective.
Why use it?
- To enhance critical thinking and reflection skills
- To identify and consider different perspectives on a topic
- To consolidate new learning as students identify their new opinions or beliefs
How do I use it?
- Using index cards or a graphic organizer invite learners to reflect on:
- something they thought prior to learning (I used to think…)
- Have students engage in some element of learning and then invite students to reflect on:
- something they now know or understand after learning (Now I think…)
- This can also be done orally as a group discussion with a teacher or group leader recording ideas from students.
- This can also be used with a Think-Pair-Share.
Using this Strategy
Create Your Own
- Reproducible Template [Google doc] [PDF]