Let’s Talk Science Challenge Online
Virtual Quiz Show
Beginning Thursday, April 16, 2020 students can participate in a live, virtual quiz show!
Designed as an enrichment event for Grades 6, 7, and 8, each weekly quiz will cover one of the eight Study Handbook chapters.
Test your STEM knowledge individually or with friends! Please note that students must register themselves for the virtual quiz show.
The English quiz will be offered each Thursday, beginning April 16 from 10-11 am Eastern time zone and 1-2 pm Pacific time zone.
The French quiz will be offered each Thursday, beginning April 16 from 2-3 pm Eastern time zone.
How to prepare for the Virtual Quiz Show
- Read the relevant Student Handbook chapter each week. You can study as little or as much as you want! Download the Topic Schedule
- If you want to participate as a team, make plans to connect virtually (via a messaging tool of your choice) to study or discuss your answers during the live virtual quiz show.
- Ensure you have a computer, mobile device or tablet for the quiz. Your device will need to play sound, but you will not need a camera or microphone.
The Student Handbook has everything you need to study in preparation for the virtual quiz show!
Virtual Engineering Challenge
Participate in an exciting engineering challenge at home and post your STEM creations!
Each Thursday, we will feature a new engineering challenge based on the weekly quiz show topic. We will post a prompt to our Flipgrid page to describe the new engineering challenge activity. To participate:
- Consider the prompt and explore related links.
- Create your 1-2 minute video response.
- Submit your video to Flipgrid page – no account needed!
You acknowledge and accept the risk that the Internet is not a secure medium; that any material posted on the Internet is accessible to anyone with Internet access and while we have made every effort to secure our web presence, we cannot guarantee privacy or control access to our web site or affiliate platforms.