Students will learn about stars and create a "constellation viewer" where they can create a constellation to look at.
What You Need
Materials needed per child:
- 1 styrofoam cup with the bottom cut out
- 1 piece of black construction paper
- Constellation pattern printed on paper
- Push pin
- Glue stick
Be careful as students cut out the bottom on the cup and use the pushpin as younger groups may injure themselves.
What To Do
- Colour the styrofoam cup with markers or crayons.
- Write your name on the cup.
- Choose a constellation pattern and glue it to the black construction paper.
- Tape the paper to the bottom of the cup, with the constellation facing up and black paper facing into the cup.
- Use the push pin to poke holes where the stars are.
- Look through the cup and see your constellation!